New Discussion юеВ

The system does not support SNMP.

SOLVED
Go to solution
tbutler_1
Occasional Contributor

The system does not support SNMP.

Hello all,

I am having trouble getting my Systems Insight Manager to recognize that the system does support SNMP. I've made sure to input the correct community names and tried different/longer wait times for a response. Is there any other ideas out there to fix this issue?

Thanks,

Tom
6 REPLIES 6
PNair
Frequent Advisor

Re: The system does not support SNMP.

What kind of system are you trying to identify via SNMP. Sometimes, you will have to add the HP SIM CMS IP to the SNMP configuration file so that the target system accept request from HP SIM CMS.

Try running Configure->Configure Or Repair Agents to set the SNMP configuration on the target system.
MDS-ALPA
Frequent Advisor

Is the SNMP service installed, running and configured correctly? You'll need in there, trap destination (sim server name or 127.0.0.1), Public, Private and perhaps a variable you define (caps matter).
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor
Solution

The overall server ID can prove useful. Unmanaged means HPSIM has not been able to access SNMP. Unknown means that it has found a management protocol but cannot use it.
Most snmp configs need the community name and the HPSIM server to be an allowed device. Note community names are case sensitive. You should have the community names in the global settings, but can also add at the device specific level.
tbutler_1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for all you help, we finally got it working. Turns out we didn't add our SIM server to the allowed SNMP list.
Pootch
Frequent Advisor

Hello.

I got the same problem with some of your clients..

At our HP SIM, the systems are unmanaged. SNMP is correctly configured.

Test Traps to the HP SIM Server > OK.

brandyreid
Occasional Visitor

Thanks Rob!  I had no idea the community strings were case sensitive..