Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753772 Members
5157 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: The system doesn't support WBEM protocol, or doesn't support WBEM indication

Suresh Kumar Ale

The system doesn't support WBEM protocol, or doesn't support WBEM indication

I have installed HP SIM-5.03 and I want to check the events for my Linux system. So if I run 'Check Event Configuration' it displaying the below messages:

The system doesn't support WBEM protocol, or doesn't support WBEM indication.
The system doesn't support SNMP protocol or it is not running on Windows.

Please help me what can I do...Thnaks
3 REPLIES 3
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Re: The system doesn't support WBEM protocol, or doesn't support WBEM indication

Is this a ProLiant? Is the ProLiant Support Pack loaded? Net-SNMP? If so, there is no WBEM component for ProLiants with Linux; it would be SNMP only.
Suresh Kumar Ale

The system on which I installed is a Virtual Machine(Win2003) and my linux machine is not Prolient.
Suresh Kumar Ale

Actually the Linux machine is a storage server(non-Prolient). HP-SIM is installed on a VirtualMachine(win2003). Now I want to check the SNMP traps(events) of that Linux machine through HP-SIM.
I have loaded some private mibs to HP-sim. I am able to discover that Linx machine through HP-SIM successfully and also added the SNMP community string and credentials at the time of discovery. But I am not able to find those SNMP traps on HP-SIM under events.
I also figured out that the traps are receiving to the host machine(VM). Please help on this.. thanks.