8845 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Track down source of WEBM issue

PNX Alan
Occasional Advisor

Track down source of WEBM issue

Hi

I am completely new to HP SIM and have just started rolling it out in a small scale test environment. When I look at the view of all servers in SIM, one of our Windows 2003 Blades is showing a yellow warning icon under HS and the following text appears when I hover over the icon...

WBEM - There is a minor problem that is causing limited interference.
Smart Array Controller - There is a minor problem that is causing limited interference.

How do I track down what this warning is refering to? The SMH for the affected server shows all green as does the VCA. There are no unrepaired items in the IML.

Thanks

Alan
4 REPLIES 4
BPE
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Track down source of WEBM issue

I guess you still have an event which is not cleared inside SIM for this system.

Check the details for the smart array controller. If you had a temporary problem like battery not yet recharged after longer down time you should find something related to the smart array in the IML. Compare the time with the events inside SIM for this system.

I also guess your are running SIM V6.0
Is this correct?
PNX Alan
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the reply. Yes I am running 6.0. I have trawled throught he IML on the blade in question and everything has been marked as repaired. The array battery failed and was replaced but it now fully charged. The SMH on the blade shows the array controller as healthy. I have cleared all events on the SIM box for this server but the overall health status on the SIM boz is still reporting the minor degredation.
BPE
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the feedback.
Let me think loud about the possibilities.
HP SIM is checking the health status of each system every 5 minutes. The pop up displays WBEM as the Source. This pop up is an new feature inside SIM. Perhaps a bug. But also the WBEM Providers on your agent are quite new.
In this case we do not know which side has a bug or is it still a feature?

If you want it to track down yourself you can do the following things.
1. Run the identify of the system and check if there is a problem with the WBEM and SNMP access to this machine. (Password- / Firewall- / DNS- / whatever- change) the exact behavior of the HS is in this case not predictable. I do not know the code behind but I know that the HS somehow cached.

2. Restart the Insight agent on system which had the problem to see if it is a WBEM provider issue. Check the SMH and wait for the Update inside SIM.

3. Did you also cleared the ILO and OA events?

PNX Alan
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the help with this. A reboot of the HP SIM server cleared the flag. Strange one :)