108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: uninstall AMD agents

SOLVED
Go to solution
A Shine
Occasional Contributor

uninstall AMD agents

I've migrated a windows 2003 R2 x64 build from an AMD platform to an Intel platform.

The server is working fine but there are a couple of left over AMD related HP Agents still showing in the Version Control agent that I'd like to uninstall. They are the

AMD Chipset Identifier for Windows Server 2003 x64 Editions

and

HP ProLiant Smart Array Device Manager Extension for Windows Server 2003/2008 x64 Editions

Any idea how I do this? They don't seem to show up in add/remove programs

P.S. This thread has been moved from ITRC server mgmt (Insight Manager 7) Forum to ITRC HP Systems Insight Manager Forum - HP Forums Moderator

7 REPLIES 7
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

If you can find out what they are and try and find them in the drivers and firmware page you can find their cp0xxxxx.exe install program.
I think you can then download and run cp0xxxxx.exe /uninstall or similar to remove them.
A Shine
Occasional Contributor

Adrian,

Thanks for the response.

The AMD agent seems to be from cp007342.exe so I tried running 'cp007342.exe /uninstall'

The setup program reported that the software was currently installed and didn't need to be (correct) but didn't offer an uninstall option (the install button was grey'ed out). All I could do was click the close button.

Andrew
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

Yeah looks lile /uninstall is not an option.
I just tried running some 2003 cp... on my XP desktop and put /? at the end.
There is no uninstall.
There is force/silent/reboot but no uninstall.

I'm sure I'd seen it on some packs. sorry
A Shine
Occasional Contributor

Thanks anyway. Fortunately this issue isn't a show stopper for me (though I still want to fix it!)
John E. Morgan
Occasional Advisor

Sorry for slow response here...but here's the solution... (I posted question in Proliant Hardware forum and got a hint to help me solve the problem)

How to remove the AMD Chipset Identifier...
├в ┬в Delete the a_chpstv.dll & the a_chpsti.dll files from the C:\CPQSYSTEM\pnpdrvs folder
├в ┬в Stop the HP Version Control Agent (VCA)
├в ┬в Clear the VCA history
o Delete the .xml files in the C:\hp\hpsmh\data\cgi-bin\vcagent\cache folder
o Delete the .htm file in the C:\hp\hpsmh\data\cgi-bin\vcagent\cache\en folder
├в ┬в Clear the Hardware and software inventory data
o Delete the .xml files from the C:\hp\hpsmh\data\cgi-bin\vcagent\Discovery folder
├в ┬в Re-inverntory the system
o Run the hpsum_hwdiscovery.exe & the hpsum_swdiscovery.exe from the C:\hp\hpsmh\data\cgi-bin\vcagent\Discovery folder
o Hwdiscovery.xml & swdiscovery.xml files should be recreated
├в ┬в Restart the VCA

If you don't re-inventory the system a limited set/short list of PSP components will be listed instead of all of the normally listed components

I'm not sure this is the only way to accomplish what I wanted├в ┬жbut it worked
John E. Morgan
Occasional Advisor
Solution

A Shine
Occasional Contributor

John,

Excellent work!

Now all I have to do is work out how to remove the "Smart Array Device Manager Extension"

Andrew