Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1755646 Members
2996 Online
108837 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Updated to VCA 6.2.0.860 now there is no longer a link to the VCA in the System Management Homepage

Steve Kunkel
Advisor

Updated to VCA 6.2.0.860 now there is no longer a link to the VCA in the System Management Homepage

- DL385 G2
- Windows 2003 x86 Std SP2, MS patches current through October
- updated from the repository, after the update the link to the VCA in the SMH is missing, restarting the VCA and SMH services don't help
- tried uninstalling the VCA, rebooting, and reinstalling from SIM
- tried uninstalling the VCA, rebooting, copying cp012835.exe from the repository and reinstalling locally from the file
- tried uninstalling the VCA, rebooting, downloaded a fresh copy of cp012835.exe directly from the HP web site and reinstall

Has anyone else run into this behavior?
6 REPLIES 6
ehuang
Super Advisor

Re: Updated to VCA 6.2.0.860 now there is no longer a link to the VCA in the System Management Homepage

I am having exactly the same problem after having upgraded both SMH and VCA to the latest version. You may try https://local:2381/vcagent. Not a fix i know.
Steve Kunkel
Advisor

Re: Updated to VCA 6.2.0.860 now there is no longer a link to the VCA in the System Management Homepage

Thanks for the reminder. It's official, I've turned into a full fledged GUI monkey.
Steve Kunkel
Advisor

UPDATE:

After accessing one time directly using https://hostname:2381/vcagent the VCA link magically appeared again in my next visit to the SMH.
ehuang
Super Advisor

yeah! worked for me too.
TechGuru
Trusted Contributor

Increase the SMH timeout to atleast 60 secs to avoid SMH timeout errors
Steve Kunkel
Advisor

Although I never received a timeout error, increasing the timeout value works too. So either that or directly accessing the VCA as indicated above seems to get around the problem.