Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753765 Members
6100 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: VCRM not downloading any Windows 2008 R2 bundle ?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mikael R├╢nnb├дck
Super Advisor

VCRM not downloading any Windows 2008 R2 bundle ?

Hi

We have a few Windows 2008 R2 servers up and running, and after getting round a few obstacles in even getting the HP SMH and VCA running on these we now have that working.

However, the VCA connects fine to the VCRM (which runs on Windows 2003 btw, version uncertain, since I cannot find the version number and don't rightly remember when the last upgrade was), but there is no available HP SSD bundle to select.

Windows 2008 bundles are available, but nothing for Windows 2008 R2.

Is there no automatic download for VCRM for Windows 2008 R2 ? If so, is there any bundle that could be manually added to the repository ?
3 REPLIES 3
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor
Solution

Is it automatically added? No as its a "different" OS.
Glad you asked... just noticed I need to add the PSP to my repository.

Here is the PSP to dump in the repository.
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3884083&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3884082&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=4064#78221

Make sure you have the latest BIOS in the repository as well, if you havn't already installed it.
Mikael R├╢nnb├дck
Super Advisor

Well, usually when a machine queries VCRM for a bundle VCRM downloads missing OS bundles, but it's just as well for me right now to use a manual download just to get it going :)

Thanks a lot for the link!
Mikael R├╢nnb├дck
Super Advisor

Addition: Now I found out why I have been unable to locate the R2 drivers as well.

The link you gave points to DL380 G6, which I ususally never check since we only buy AMD and I therefore only use to check DL385 G6.

And Windows 2008 R2 is not listed as an option for AMD based servers...