108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: VCRM Question

Dan DeCoursey
Regular Advisor

VCRM Question

IS there a separate forum for VCRM??

I need advice.. I have a mix of Gen 2---gen 8 Proliants  

is latest SPP (10) good for this entire family of do  I need older PSP's depending on the gen??

Hers a pinch to grow an inch
4 REPLIES 4
SwisspostIT
Valued Contributor

Hi,

here you'll find which Servers are supported with SPP: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/doc/p1822529277/v85395/SPP2013.02.0-ServerSupportGuide.pdf

I've never tried the SPP on older systems but I think if there isn't a hard-coded requirement of System Model, the most of the updates will also run on older systems.

Regards,

Dan DeCoursey
Regular Advisor

Thanks much

Dan DeCoursey
Regular Advisor

Hello,

When deleting from the reposiroty catalogs  you geta message

"This deletes  files from the file system...if you want them deleted  from the catoalg move them to a different folder"

ever look in the repository folder ??? there are tons of stuff..how in the world would you pick and choose the stuff yo uwantto glean out of there ??

I also ahve specified my desires operaion systems  ..but ver y dissapointed to see all kinds of stuff for other OS's that I did not specify in my reposiory setup.....I dont  sue SUSE or  LINUX or blades ....there's  al lt hat stuff in my catalog

SwisspostIT
Valued Contributor

The repository on my HP SIM Server is about ~30GB in size.

I also checked to manage components of Windows Systems only but since I also add hole Service Packs for ProLiant (SPPs), the size always grows in the repository (also if you delete files, in most cases they reappear after the next repository upgrade).

After some years in production you could clean the hole repository and rebuild it so that you can "clean" old components out.(I do this each 2-3 years)

But remember: you'll then have to recreate all custom baselines if you made some yourself.