6022 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Wbemdisco returns correct result but there is no EVA discovered in HP SIM

KEN_SYD
Frequent Advisor

Wbemdisco returns correct result but there is no EVA discovered in HP SIM

Hi all,

Recently installed a new HP SIM 6.3 and CV EVA 9.3 on a fresh Windows 2008 R2 Standard.
Followed HP document as following:
1. Installed HP SIM and let WBEM use port 5989
2. Added following lines to end of C:\Program Files\HP\Systems Insight Manager\config\ identification\wbemportlist.xml

3. Installed CV EVA and change port2 to 60000, port1 is 5988

CV EVA manage EVA6100 without any problem. webemdisco test return EVA info.

However, Identify System complete but there is no EVA storage found.

I saw this message from identify system output: "This system does not have any SMI-S CIMOMs installed. No storage systems will be found on this system."

If I remove port 60000 from wbemportlist.xml file and rerun identify system, above message disappear but still no EVA found.

I put the same port 60000 and credential as wbemdisco in WBEM credential page when running identify system.

Has someone got any idea?
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: Wbemdisco returns correct result but there is no EVA discovered in HP SIM

In the credentials section for the server hosting CV have you added the updated CIM Port Number?
You should have the credentials you use in wbemdisco here as well as the port number.

I've only ever used a local account as well, no real justification, just that in earlier versions it seemed to work better.
KEN_SYD
Frequent Advisor

Hi All,

I found the problem. When copied and pasted from HP document to wbemportlist.xml, double quote " was incorrect. It became open and close double quote then HP sim failed to understand.
Just fix them then HP discover EVA successfully.

I now have another question.
After logging in to SEA page at https:ip:7906, I cannot see Storage cell listed under ELMC protocol.
KEN_SYD
Frequent Advisor

For windows 2008 R2, you may need to login using local administrator then open SEA page to see storage cell listed under ELMC protocol.