Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1755640 Members
3349 Online
108837 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: What to do with retired systems in sim

Kevin Colliver

What to do with retired systems in sim

We are using Sim as an assett database and I was wanting to know what other people are doing with their retired systems that are powered off and showing critical status in the all servers list. I want to be able to go back and view all of the information about them, but I dont want them to show up when I run my general reports on OS and Hardware.
4 REPLIES 4
Ali
HPE Pro

Hi Kevin,

the system which are removed or powered off and not being used in HP SIM for monitoring, you may remove them from all systems. later on you can run discovery task to again to find them back in HP SIM if required.

thanks,
Aftab
I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

Arunav Nayak
Valued Contributor

Hi Kevin,

Its pretty easy to do this in HP SIM. You just need to create a custom collection and use it when you run any report.

SIM's WAY:
(Please refer the attached document that describes on how to create one)
----------------------------------------------

1) CREATE A CUSTOM COLLECTION: Go to left hand panel of HP SIM portal and click on 'Advanced Search' link. Now create a collection(set of desired servers) that you want to use.

This a very powerful tool that will aid you to choose any set of collections.

2) USE CUSTOM COLLECTION TO RUN REPORT: Now whenever you run any report, use this desired collection.

I am sure it will solve your issue. I case of any doubt reply back.

Thanks,
Arunav

NOTE: Similarly you can create a collection of retired systems and use it to generate any report on the same.
Arunav Nayak
Valued Contributor

Hi Kevin,

Can you please share the set of server types you are using.

Thanks,
Arunav
Kevin Colliver

I looked in to using the custom collections, but if I do it that way is there a way to remove them from the All Servers list. These are mostly DL380's and BL460's, about 1400 total.