3401 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion

Do we need iLO advance license to use Virtual serial port

veeriaperuml
Occasional Contributor

Do we need iLO advance license to use Virtual serial port

Hi ,

We have HPE proliant serverd DL20 Gen9 & Gen10 . Wanted to access remotely to install via Virtual serial port

We have only standard license ...Wanted to understand whether advance license is needed to use Virtual Serial port

if you can point me to the document would be helpful.

Thanks in advance 

2 REPLIES 2
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Re: Do we need iLO advance license to use Virtual serial port

Hello,

The iLO 4 and iLO 5 user guides state "You can access a text-based console from iLO using a standard license and the Virtual Serial Port" for iLO Virtual Serial Port.

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

Evanakhtar

Re: Do we need iLO advance license to use Virtual serial port

Hello, To access remotely and use the virtual serial port on HPE ProLiant DL20 Gen9 and Gen10 servers, an Advanced iLO (Integrated Lights-Out) license is required. The standard license does not include virtual serial port functionality.

You can refer to the official HPE iLO licensing guide for more detailed information and to confirm the specific license requirements for virtual serial port access on your server models:

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=c05140638

It's always recommended to consult the official documentation or reach out to HPE support for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding licensing and features of their products.