1753875 Members
7730 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ERM configurator unable to connect to R3000xr with 1 ERM

Brandon Long
Advisor

ERM configurator unable to connect to R3000xr with 1 ERM

Hello, I have been trying to configure my UPS using the ERM configurator and have followed the suggestions in previous threads to disable the CLI in the ILO, there is nothing else using the Serial port yet the ERM still cannot connect to the UPS. The cable is the one provided by HP. The OS is Windows 2003 SP1 Enterprise, running Citrix Metaframe Presentation Server 3.

We have not yet moved to Rack and Power Manager but we are using Lansafe v5 at the moment.

Looking for suggestions other than using a seperate system as i may run into this with other UPS that need configured.
2 REPLIES 2
Steve Tran
Trusted Contributor

Re: ERM configurator unable to connect to R3000xr with 1 ERM

Just wonder if you remembered to stop LanSafe before trying the ERM configurator program. Both software uses the same serial port but only one can use it at a time.
Brandon Long
Advisor

Re: ERM configurator unable to connect to R3000xr with 1 ERM

yep. Shutdown the Lansafe services. I even tried shutting down SNMP as I read that somewhere else..

I ended up using a laptop to configure the UPS units to show the correct runtime with 1 ERM.

Unfortunately the Servers that I have most recently setup (same type DL385) are not seeing the UPS units in question.