Servers - General
1753394 Members
7042 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP Secure Encryption Master Key limited to 32 Characters Local Key Mgmnt Mode

DuaneW

HP Secure Encryption Master Key limited to 32 Characters Local Key Mgmnt Mode

I am trying to define a 40 character Master Key for HP Secure Encryption on a G10 DL380 server with a P408i-a Smart Arracy card. I can only enter 32 characters. I am trying to set it up using Local Key Management Mode.

I was able to enter a 40 character Master Key on a G9 DL380 with a P441 Smart Array Card.

Is this a limitation of the P408i-a card or a change that has been implemented for Local Key Management Mode on G10's?

The screens for the Secure Encryption initialization do indicate that Master Key can be between 10-64 characters.

3 REPLIES 3
Sanilk
HPE Pro

Re: HP Secure Encryption Master Key limited to 32 Characters Local Key Mgmnt Mode

Hi Duane ,

It is not mentioned about the key character numbers (Min-Max) in any of the HP Secure Encryption documents  .

I would recommend you to log a case with HPE so that this will get investigated .

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Railroad21
Occasional Visitor

I have exactly the same problem. Anyone got a suggestion? This is quiet a common issue , please suggest me if you find any solution for it PupilPath

Sanilk
HPE Pro

Thanks for your concerns.

It looks like a common issue here .  I would recommend you to log a case with HPE so that this will get investigated .

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo