4485 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HPE G2 R8000 6U UPS

Adam3928
Occasional Collector

HPE G2 R8000 6U UPS

Hi,

Has anyone had some experience with the HPE G2 R8000 6U UPS?

I've got two cform (blue) connectors harwired into the back and the PDUs that go with them.

The PDUs have been tested working on another R8000.

The problem is the first Cform outlet does not supply any power on all modes. Ive tried resetting the circuit breaker a few times, resetting the ups to factory default - which came back with an error. All devices were unplugged but it thinks somthing is still connected.

The second one supplies power on all modes. Works perfectly.

Is there a special service menu I could test the output or a setting I may have missed.

Any Ideas would be much appreciated, will post progress updates.

3 REPLIES 3
BPSingh
HPE Pro

Re: HPE G2 R8000 6U UPS

Greetings! 

I understand that the first Cform connector on the G2 R8000 6U UPS doesn't supply power. And you have already performed factory reset with no change in the UPS behaviour. 

I would advise you to open a support case to get this issue resolved. 

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Adam3928
Occasional Collector

@BPSingh 

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

This is a used UPS, Can I open a support case if the item is out of warranty?

The 1st Cform does not provide power, the PDU's have both been tested and are working.

Not sure what has gone wrong or if it's worth fixing, if a new PSU is required.

Vinky_99
Esteemed Contributor

@Adam3928 

Just a piece of advice, you may want to double-check the wiring and connections for the first Cform outlet to ensure that everything is properly connected and there are no loose or damaged wires.

These are my opinions so use it at your own risk.