1753937 Members
9670 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant DL380 G8 - Can't access iLO via IE

Tedkilroy
Occasional Contributor

Proliant DL380 G8 - Can't access iLO via IE

Hello, I could use some help with this problem. I have a dl380 and when I try and access ilo via IE v10, I get a "There was a problem with this site's sec cert" message.

When I choose continue I recieve a this page can't be displayed. The URL shows "res://ieframe.dll/. I have already tried to register via cmd the ieframe.dll and still does not work. Using ilo port via ethernet to a switch.

iLO settings seem ok when accessing during boot, assigned accounts and IP addressing/dns. Any help would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
ramawatar
HPE Pro

Re: Proliant DL380 G8 - Can't access iLO via IE

Hi 

can you please share me below update.

1. What is the ILO firmware

2. are you able to ping the ILO IP from the machine from where trying to access the ILO

3. what is the physicaly led indication on ILO port

4. have you tried from different machine and different browser

5. Was there any changes made prior to issue

Thank you!
I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Tedkilroy
Occasional Contributor

Mr. Ramawater, thank you for replying!

1. What is the ILO firmware....iLO firmware V. 2.03 Nov 07 2014

2. are you able to ping the ILO IP from the machine from where trying to access the ILO....yes I can.

3. what is the physicaly led indication on ILO port....I have amber light blinking near front power button, running RAID 1 and second HD has constant blinking green indicators with amber disc led blinking. green lights in the back of the iLO port which is connract via ethernet to a switch.

4. have you tried from different machine and different browser...on the actual server, I now believe it has to do with it having an 2012 server image which is locked down. 2 other servers came from vendor not locked down. I am getting the window that notifies me about the certificate and when I choose yes just continue, my url is res://ieframe.dll/ and the webpage could not be displayed.

5. Was there any changes made prior to issue....no

I am using a second server and was able to login to iLO 4. I have system health degraded in the overview. Other than reading the Integrated Management Log, is there a way to pin point that my second HD id failing?

ramawatar
HPE Pro

Hi, Thansk for the update. 

if you are able to ping the ILO IP address from the machine then the ILO hardware is working fine and there is something needs to check from the browser end. 

Update the latest ILO firmware 2.75B and check in different browser.

For the har disk issue, check the physical disk status in ILP-->System inforamtion-->Storage. if the disk status is degraded/failred then needs the replacement. 

ILO 4 documents : https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-a00020272en_us

Thank you!
I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo