1762200 Members
3511 Online
108906 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ProLiant DL380 Gen9 really slow in HBA mode

GilbertoNF47

ProLiant DL380 Gen9 really slow in HBA mode

Hello
Anyone ever worked with ProLiant DL380 Gen9 with Smart Array P840ar controller in HBA mode?
I change it from RAID mode to HBA mode and the boot process are extremely slow!
Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

Boot should be fine even in HBA mode, see if the controller needs an firmware update.  Also refer to the document below if your server has a Expander card.

Link Fault Errors and Slow Boot Times May Occur When Using HP Smart Cache and an HP 12Gb/s SAS Expander Card

Online ROM Flash Component

Thank You!
I work with HPE but opinions expressed here are mine.
Recent Support Video Releases

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Merrieedwards
Advisor

You can re-enable hardware RAID and disable HBA mode at any time by starting over from step 1 and only set hbamode=off instead of hbamode=on. Press F9 to enter the “System Utilities.” Select “System Configuration” and go to the FC controller setup and configure the FC HBA as follows: Disabling Boot from SAN on Qlogic-based HP Branded Host Bus Adapters: i. In the Boot Settings menu, set "Adapter Driver" and "World Login" to "Disabled", set the "Selective Login" and "Selective LUN Login" to "Enabled", and set "EFIFCScanLevel" to "0".