1753282 Members
5393 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Rack and Power Management

Devin Smith
Occasional Contributor

Rack and Power Management

I have installed RPM software ver 1.1 on four ML350 G2 servers each connected serially to their own T1500XR UPS. I installed all three agents on each server, as I want each server to manage its own power config. However, I notice when the Management server service is running, the CPU utilization spikes to 100% every three or four seconds. This happens on all four servers.

My question is this - is there a fix for the CPU spike?

If I am not mistaken, I believe the management server has to be running to ensure the servers shut down gracefully if the UPS loses power. If this is the case, I would have to have the management server running local on the servers.

Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
Steve Tran
Trusted Contributor

With your scenario, you should consider using HP Power Manager. You will need to install a management server on each of the machine with serial connection to its own UPS. No remote agents are needed.
HP is in the process of posting a patch for HP Rack and Power Manager to fix CPU spiking issue.

Thanks,
Steve
Steve Tran
Trusted Contributor

Devin,

In case you are interested, here is the link to download the Serial Relay Agent patch for CPU spiking issue for HP Rack and Power Manager application http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/21591.html

Thanks,
Steve
Devin Smith
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Steve. I did install the Power manager software and it is working fine on the servers. Also, thanks for the link to the patch for the SRA.