3816 Online
108962 Solutions
New Discussion

Setting up GS3 KVM Console switch - AF652

Magic_Mike
Occasional Visitor

Setting up GS3 KVM Console switch - AF652

Hello everyone,

I have an GS3 KVM Console switch - AF652. I would like to ask if there is any video or usermanual that can help to setup the device? I am using a desktop monitor and external mouse and keyboard. I am not equipped with an Interface Adapter (IA).

I been trying to set it up and I have been able to access the web interface (OBWI). However, when i connect a server to a random port (1 - 16) on the KVM switch,  the server is not detected. The server is running Unintu Server 22.04

I tried connecting my Windows 11 PC and the server to a "Cisco 8-Port 10/100 Desktop Switch" and then connect the GS3 KVM Console switch- LAN port to one port on the desktop switch. I am still unsuccessful in getting servers listed in "Devices" dialog box.

I am a newbie to this stuffs and will be much appreciated if someone can share some information in setting up the GS3 KVM Console switch.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Vinky_99
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Setting up GS3 KVM Console switch - AF652

Hello!

You can give it a try to the below instructions: 

* Connect the console switch to a power source and turn it on.

* Connect your monitor, keyboard, and mouse to the console switch using the appropriate ports.

* Connect your servers to the console switch using the appropriate ports. Make sure that the server's network settings are compatible with the console switch's default IP address of 192.168.1.200.

* Launch a web browser on your computer and enter the console switch's default IP address (192.168.1.200) to access the web interface.

* Log in to the web interface using the default username (admin) and password (admin).

* In the web interface, navigate to the "Devices" tab and select the appropriate port to which your server is connected.

* Make sure that the server is powered on and the network settings are correct.

* If the server is still not detected, try resetting the console switch to its factory default settings.

You can find more detailed information on setting up the GS3 KVM Console switch in the user manual. You can try searching here

These are my opinions so use it at your own risk.