New Discussion юеВ

Two or more OS in the same server

SOLVED
Go to solution
Carlos56
Occasional Advisor

Two or more OS in the same server

Cheers:
The question may be simple but I am very curious.
My system is a DL380 G4 raid controller 6i its OS WSS2008R2 with 6 disks 2 in raid1 and the other 4 without raid I was experimenting in my personal laboratory the possibility of installing the EasyBCD 2.4 program, then another OS, for example W2003 and being able to choose at boot between them, but I can't install the W2003.
I know that the most reasonable option is to use a virtual machine, but I wanted to see that other option that I have used without any problem on computers without a raid controller.
Here comes the question:
Is it possible to do what I'm trying to do, that is, have two or more OS and choose a particular Oone during the boot process, or is it impossible?
Thanks for the help.

4 REPLIES 4
Libby69
Advisor

Re: Two or more OS in the same server

@Carlos56 wrote: MyWaffleHouse Login

Cheers:
The question may be simple but I am very curious.
My system is a DL380 G4 raid controller 6i its OS WSS2008R2 with 6 disks 2 in raid1 and the other 4 without raid I was experimenting in my personal laboratory the possibility of installing the EasyBCD 2.4 program, then another OS, for example W2003 and being able to choose at boot between them, but I can't install the W2003.
I know that the most reasonable option is to use a virtual machine, but I wanted to see that other option that I have used without any problem on computers without a raid controller.
Here comes the question:
Is it possible to do what I'm trying to do, that is, have two or more OS and choose a particular Oone during the boot process, or is it impossible?
Thanks for the help.

I appreciate the information and advice you have shared. I will try to figure it out for more.

TVVJ
HPE Pro

Hello,

You may try creating a logical drive on the unused drive and while installation choose that logical drive.

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

Carlos56
Occasional Advisor

Cheers:
Thanks for the message, but it is not possible. The four disks in raid 0 are each a logical disk. The installation process of W2003, the OS I tried, does not give me the option to install, that option is not activated.

Bunsol
HPE Pro
Solution

You can create two logical drives and install Operating system on each. But we do not recommend dual installation of OS. At every boot you will have to select the Logical Drive to boot from or it will boot from the default logical drive or whatever is selected as the first boot order.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! Thumbs below!
I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo