1752780 Members
6116 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Van Controller x Ubuntu 13.10

vandewilly
Advisor

Van Controller x Ubuntu 13.10

Is there some trick to install the Van Controller in the Ubuntu 13.10 version?

7 REPLIES 7
sdnindia
Trusted Contributor

Hi vandewilly,

As per the HP_VAN_SDN_Controller_Installation_Guide.pdf ,software requirements [page 4] support Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit Server (Linux 3.2 kernel) and not 13.10 The guide mentions this in point 2 [page 5]as below-

2. Ensure that your system has internet access, and is running the following software:

• Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit Server (Linux 3.2 kernel)

NOTE: The Ubuntu Linux OS can run on physical hardware or as a virtual machine (VM). When run as a virtual machine, the following hypervisors are supported:

◦ KVM Version 2.4.5–1 and greater

◦ ESXi Versions 5.0.0, 5.0.1, and greater

Since Ubuntu 13.10 is not supported so there might be other issues too.

One of the key differences is on 12.04 LTS we use Keystone form the Folsom release of Openstack from the cloud archive and on 13.10  we believe it is from the Havana release of OpenStack..

Thanks,

HP SDN Team

sdnindia
Trusted Contributor

Hello vandewilly,

Doing a follow up to check if you need any further assistance with respect to the query posted.

Please do let us know  if your problem is solved.

If you have more questions on the same topic please do reply on the same thread or open a new post if new topic.

Thanks

HP SDN Team

Pradeep_30
Esteemed Contributor

I happened to install VAN controller 2.2 on Ubuntu 13.10. Everything seems to go as mentioned in the document. No errors. Once you try to login it returns a blank page. Do let me know if you need any logs for investigation.

Help do get returned..

Pradeep

Gerhard Roets
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Pradeep

I would suggest you have a look at the second post in this thread by Sdindia for details, but basically the HP VAN SDN Controller requires you to be using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, and there is further requirements documented in the Installation guide as there is certain software versioning requirements.

Kind Regards

Gerhard

Pradeep_30
Esteemed Contributor

Hello Gerhard,

Thank you for the reply. I was able to get it running on Ubuntu 12.04. I was wondering if logs from my 13.10 system to be of any help in research or compatibility tests going on.

Thanks

Pradeep

sdnindia
Trusted Contributor

Hello Pradeep,

Could you please share the logs?

Thanks,

HP SDN Team

Pradeep_30
Esteemed Contributor

Team,

Am sorry. I removed my 13.10 machine today to make space for another system. Do feel free to reach out for any specific test you want me to get into.. I have 12.04 system active now.