3175 Online
109004 Solutions
New Discussion

VAN: Installing a module with an additional JAR dependency

phpHavok
Advisor

VAN: Installing a module with an additional JAR dependency

Hi all,

I am working on a VAN module which depends on the OkHttp Java library. I have added the library as a dependency in the pom.xml file for my business logic project, and my project compiles just fine. However, when I try to deploy the application on VAN, I get the following error:

Server Error – 500: Internal Server Error
URL: rs/apps/com.netlab.webhooks/install
View ID: apps
Type: error

The only thing I can think is that VAN (running on an Ubuntu machine) does not have the OkHttp library installed. What is the best course of action here? Should I try to package the library with my project or install OkHttp on the Ubuntu machine? Regardless, how do I go about this?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
phpHavok
Advisor

Re: VAN: Installing a module with an additional JAR dependency

I think I have solved this problem myself.

Through the Virgo server log (/opt/sdn/virgo/serviceability/logs/virgo-server/log.log), I found errors upon attemping to deploy my module which indicated an unsatisfied "<Import-Package>". In my pom.xml file, I added the maven-bundle-plugin which exported the package that Virgo was complaining about (it required me to add that package as a dependency to my project). After recompiling and reinstalling, Virgo was complaining about a different package. I repeated this process of exporting packages until every import was satisfied.