3869 Online
108901 Solutions
New Discussion

802.1X after shutdown of client

steeve98
Occasional Visitor

802.1X after shutdown of client

Hello (newbie here)

I hope you are all doing well. I have a strange problem I need to resolve. We recently moved to 802.1x authentication instead of relying on our nac to respond to snmp traps and close a port. Everything went really smoothly, even though we are using some "old" J9298A's. The only thing I can't really solve is that we can't wake up our devices anymore, because after they shut down the port changes back to the guest vlan, which is only available locally on the switch. I know there is a setting to allow packets to egress by setting the control direction on unauthenticated ports, but I want to avoid this. This is because, on the one hand, the software that starts the WOL sends the packets to the last known IP and, on the other hand, I really want to keep the guest vlan bound only to the edge switch. We've also set the logoff time for our printers to solve their inactivity problem. I was hoping to do the same for our thin clients and Windows computers, but the sad thing is that both types of device disconnect their LAN port for 2 seconds when they shut down, and that is enough to close the session for the switch.

I'm really grateful for any help as I'm running out of ideas

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
support_s
System Recommended

Query: 802.1X after shutdown of client

Hello,

Thank you for Posting! HPE Networking forum has moved to Aruba Airheads Community and for HPE networking and Aruba product queries, request you to visit and post your query here.

You can refer to this link for more details.

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo