1755261 Members
4804 Online
108831 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Help on the usage of T-APIs

Ercachmoch
Frequent Visitor

Help on the usage of T-APIs

Any ideas on how to link a TeraFlowSDN controller running on a Virtual Machine in MobaXterm to a SMOptics testbed exploiting T-APIs (transport application programming interfaces)??

I'm currently doing my thesis about this topic, but I'm stuck, so I decided to ask here.
Intentions are to try to create a "bridge" between the VM with TeraFlow installed and the testbed in my lab, and our hypothesis is that it is possible to do so using TAPIs, but we are not sure about this idea so I decided to ask directly the Internet for some help...
Any suggestion would be very appreciated, and regarding this, thanks in advance.
Also, if you need me to share some material, feel free to ask!

2 REPLIES 2
Vinky_99
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Help on the usage of T-APIs

@Ercachmoch 

Good day!

It sounds like you're working on an interesting and challenging project for your thesis! Linking a TeraFlowSDN controller to a SMOptics testbed using T-APIs is indeed a specialized task. T-API, or Transport Application Programming Interface, is an interface that allows applications to interact with transport network resources.

Here are some general steps and considerations that might help you in your task:

Understand T-APIs and TeraFlowSDN Controller

>> Make sure you have a clear understanding of T-APIs and how they work. T-APIs provide a standardized way for applications to interact with the underlying transport network.
>>Familiarize yourself with the TeraFlowSDN controller and its capabilities.

Documentation and Resources

>> Check the documentation for both TeraFlowSDN and SMOptics. Look for information related to T-API integration, if available.
>> Look for any sample code or examples provided by the vendors.

Identify T-API Support

>> Confirm that both TeraFlowSDN and SMOptics support T-APIs. This may involve checking the documentation or contacting the vendors directly.

Communication Protocols

>> Determine the communication protocols and data formats used by T-APIs in both TeraFlowSDN and SMOptics. Ensure that they are compatible or can be translated.

Programming Environment

>> Understand the programming environment of both TeraFlowSDN and SMOptics. Identify the programming languages and libraries they support.

Develop a Bridge Application

>> Develop a bridge application that acts as an intermediary between the TeraFlowSDN controller and the SMOptics testbed.

>> Use the T-APIs to communicate with both systems. This might involve sending requests, receiving responses, and handling any necessary data transformation.

Testing and Debugging

>> Set up a testing environment where you can deploy your TeraFlowSDN controller VM and connect it to the SMOptics testbed.
>> Debug and test the bridge application to ensure proper communication between the two systems.

Collaborate with Vendors or Communities

>> Reach out to the support teams of both TeraFlowSDN and SMOptics. They might be able to provide insights, guidance, or even specific solutions for integration.

Consider Security

>> Depending on the nature of your project, ensure that any communication between the TeraFlowSDN controller and the SMOptics testbed is secure. This is particularly important if the systems are operating in a production environment.

Iterative Approach

>> Take an iterative approach to development and testing. Start with basic functionality and gradually add more complexity as you confirm the correctness of each step.
>> If you encounter specific issues or have more detailed questions along the way, feel free to ask for help. If you have any specific error messages, logs, or code snippets, sharing them can help others provide more targeted assistance.

Good luck with your thesis!

These are my opinions so use it at your own risk.
Ercachmoch
Frequent Visitor

Re: Help on the usage of T-APIs

Many thanks bro, but asking for some help to ChatGPT was one of my first attempt, so good try but...
I mean, it sounds all good and easy according to her, but what is missing are some practical examples/tutorials to follow and use as a reference in order to extrapolate some data!

Of course, if you have some and want to share it to me, I'll be very grateful towards ya.

Good day to you too,
Ercachmoch