StoreEasy Storage
1753649 Members
6026 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion

hp5000s Personal Media Drive no longer recognized by hp computer

48camz

hp5000s Personal Media Drive no longer recognized by hp computer

My external hard drive model is:   hp5000s Personal Media Drive that docks directly into my HP Pavilion m9458f, a 64 bit machine.  

The drive had been working fine since installed at the time I bought the computer but now is no longer recognized by my computer.  When I dock the drive, the green power light goes on and the amber light above that just keeps rapidly blinkiing.  I don't have an additional power cord for this drive, as the power is supplied by the computer itself), so I can't test it on another computer. 

This is a recent problem.  I can hear the computer bleeping as it detects something but is not able to make the connection.  There have been some recent Win 7 updates installed.  Is this a possible reason for no longer detecting the hard drive?  Are there drivers for this external hard drive that I can re-install?

This hard drive was used to back up my computer, so I would really like to get it working again.

Regards,

48camz

P.S. This thread has been moved from Business PCs - Compaq, Elite, Pro to Network Attached Storage (NAS) (Small and Medium Business). -HP Forum Moderator