StoreEasy Storage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hp5000s Personal Media Drive no longer recognized by hp computer

Highlighted

hp5000s Personal Media Drive no longer recognized by hp computer

My external hard drive model is:   hp5000s Personal Media Drive that docks directly into my HP Pavilion m9458f, a 64 bit machine.  

The drive had been working fine since installed at the time I bought the computer but now is no longer recognized by my computer.  When I dock the drive, the green power light goes on and the amber light above that just keeps rapidly blinkiing.  I don't have an additional power cord for this drive, as the power is supplied by the computer itself), so I can't test it on another computer. 

This is a recent problem.  I can hear the computer bleeping as it detects something but is not able to make the connection.  There have been some recent Win 7 updates installed.  Is this a possible reason for no longer detecting the hard drive?  Are there drivers for this external hard drive that I can re-install?

This hard drive was used to back up my computer, so I would really like to get it working again.

Regards,

48camz

P.S. This thread has been moved from Business PCs - Compaq, Elite, Pro to Network Attached Storage (NAS) (Small and Medium Business). -HP Forum Moderator