StoreEasy Storage
1754976 Members
3249 Online
108828 Solutions
New Discussion

We are facing critical CPU utilization 100% and network latency issue with our HPE StoryE

Awanishsngr
Occasional Advisor

We are facing critical CPU utilization 100% and network latency issue with our HPE StoryE

We are facing critical  CPU utilization 100% and network latency issue with our HPE StoryEasy Storage – Due to this our production work stuck now.

HPE StoryEasy Storage 

9 REPLIES 9
ram_eranki
HPE Pro

Re: We are facing critical CPU utilization 100% and network latency issue with our HPE St

a. What's the PLatform model? 1460? 1560? 1660?1860? 1660 Expanded?

b. What OS version are you running?

c. What SEMC version are you running.

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Awanishsngr
Occasional Advisor

Re: We are facing critical CPU utilization 100% and network latency issue with our HPE St

hpe easystore 1650

Awanishsngr
Occasional Advisor

@ram_eranki 

Server:- hpe easystore 1650

Issue:- Some times system hang after data copy in network or local also. we checked without network copy data in extrnal hdd also system slow and hang issue

Awanishsngr
Occasional Advisor

Server:- hpe easystore 1650

Vinky_99
Esteemed Contributor

@Awanishsngr

Good day! 

Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and address the issue:

>> Use the Windows Task Manager or Resource Monitor to identify which processes or applications are consuming the most CPU resources. This can help you pinpoint if there's a specific application causing the high CPU utilization.

>> Monitor memory usage as well, as low available memory can lead to increased disk activity and CPU usage.

>> Ensure that you have the latest firmware and drivers for your HPE StoreEasy 1650 server. Outdated firmware or drivers can lead to performance issues.

>> Run a thorough malware and antivirus scan on the server. Malware can cause high CPU usage and system slowdowns.

>> Check the Windows Event Logs for any error messages, warnings, or critical events that might shed light on the performance issues.

>> If the server's disks are experiencing high latency, it could impact overall system performance. Check for disk errors, fragmentation, or failing drives.

>> Check the network infrastructure including switches, routers, cables, and network configuration. You might want to test network speed and latency to identify any bottlenecks.

>> Make sure your Windows Storage Server 2012 R2 installation is fully updated with the latest patches and updates from Microsoft.

>> Review the applications running on the server. Certain applications or services might be causing the high CPU usage and slowdowns. Consider disabling or optimizing those applications if necessary.

>> Set up performance monitoring tools to track CPU, memory, disk, and network usage over time. This can help you identify patterns and pinpoint when the system experiences performance degradation.

>> Check the hardware health of the server, including temperature, fans, and power supplies. Overheating or hardware failures can lead to performance issues.

>> If the server's hardware is outdated or insufficient for your workload, you might need to consider upgrading to a more powerful system.

I hope this helps! Let me know...

These are my opinions so use it at your own risk.
Sunitha_Mod

Hello @Awanishsngr

Let us know if you were able to resolve the issue.

If you have no further query and you are satisfied with the answer then kindly mark the topic as Solved so that it is helpful for all community members.

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Awanishsngr
Occasional Advisor

we need drivers & firmware update for this server

Awanishsngr
Occasional Advisor

still getting same issue

Vinky_99
Esteemed Contributor

@Awanishsngr 

Here are some additional troubleshooting steps that might help you:

>> Continue monitoring the server's performance using tools like Windows Performance Monitor. Pay attention to which specific processes or services are consuming the most CPU.
>> Identify and investigate any resource-intensive applications running on the server. Consider stopping or optimizing these applications as needed.
>> Check for any third-party software or services that might be conflicting with the server's operation. Disable or uninstall unnecessary software that may be causing issues.
>> Ensure that your Windows Server 2012 R2 installation is fully up-to-date with the latest Windows updates. Sometimes, Microsoft releases updates that address performance and stability issues.
>> In some cases, specific Windows updates or hotfixes might address known performance issues. Check Microsoft's knowledge base for any relevant updates related to your server and operating system.
>> Continuously monitor the Windows Event Logs for any new error messages or warnings that might provide clues about the issue.

>> Verify the health of your server's storage devices, including hard drives and any storage spaces or RAID configurations. Failing drives or storage issues can significantly impact performance.

>> If your server is running multiple workloads directly on the physical hardware, consider virtualizing these workloads. Virtualization can help isolate resource-hungry applications and improve overall system stability.

>> Check if any group policies or unnecessary services are running on the server that might be contributing to the high CPU utilization. Disable or adjust these settings as needed.

>> If you've exhausted all troubleshooting steps and the issue persists, it's a good idea to reach out to HPE support again. They may have specific insights into your server model and the issue you're facing. Provide them with detailed information about your server's configuration and the problem's symptoms.

>> Windows Server 2012 R2 is an older operating system. Consider planning for an upgrade to a more recent version of Windows Server to benefit from improved performance and security features.

Hope this helps! Let me know...

These are my opinions so use it at your own risk.