1748184 Members
3910 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: X5000 G2 User guide- LUN configuration help

Glyn Pollington
Occasional Advisor

X5000 G2 User guide- LUN configuration help

Can anyone point me at some documentaion for this device? Specifically usage of the disk creation wizard in the storage manager, best practice and disk management.

The HP manuals page has nothing for this or even the G1. I have the administrator guide, but that is about managing the appliance not the storage.

The system I am working on has a built in 16 disk shelf and three attached shelves of 12, 12 and 10 disks.  Disks 1 & 2 of the built in shelf are used for the witness disk in their own pool.

Whenever I try to run the wizard I get messages telling me that I should only use disks from one shelf in a pool for data protection, but then I get messages about load balancing on the nodes. The wizard is very non-intuitive, why should I choose the LUN size before selecting the disks, as until I do that I don't know what LUN is possible.

I am supposed to be handing this over tomorrow having shown the customer how to mount disks.

I welcome your comments

3 REPLIES 3

Try the following link and you can get the Architecture and Deployment Guide which may help you,

https://h30406.www3.hp.com/campaigns/2012/promo/M3-3NS8F51/architecture.php?mcc=&jumpid=re_r2548_%20M3-3NS8F51/Featured_Offers/Banner

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
Glyn Pollington
Occasional Advisor

Thanks, but that isn't really any use. I need information specific to the wizards built into the product for configuring LUNs.

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Sounds like you'd be interested in some sort of documentation how to use "Microsoft┬о Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition". Perhaps if you look for manuals for that instead of for the hardware you could find what you're looking for?