1755385 Members
7652 Online
108832 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Colorado 8GB Backup II (external) error during backup

CA1087944
Occasional Contributor

Colorado 8GB Backup II (external) error during backup

I├в ve installed the Windows200Pro software for the Colorado 8GB Backup II. I am getting another error once I have initiated a backup. After a few minutes into the backup, I get the following message: ├в An error occurred while writing the backup data. The backup device reported an unexpected error (08-0E-23-01-030C)├в . Does this message indicate anything to you? Where can I find an explanation of what this error indicates?
Mark
4 REPLIES 4
Lewis Finch
Honored Contributor

Try this, Open CBII: from the tools menu, select: media, retension. This is the command used to clean the drive and retension the tape. Once that is completed, (about 3 minutes) choose ├в initialize├в from the same drop down
"You can't lead the orchestra without turning your back to the crowd"
CA1087944
Occasional Contributor

I did the retension and initiaization. After that, it processed further but still produced the same message.
Mark F.
john bosco_1

Mark - pls let me know if you figure out how to fix this. I am getting the same error and have also tried retensioning and init, but get the same msg. I have tried 3 different tapes that all worked in the past but I get the same message.
joe knuc

I had the same problems with 8gb colorado backup II but I was able to overcome them with some tweaks that I have posted here:

http://www.tcsn.net/goodideas/idea4.html