1754320 Members
3340 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion

Colorado 8GB Backup II (external) error during backup

CA1087944
Occasional Contributor

Colorado 8GB Backup II (external) error during backup

Iâ ve installed the Windows200Pro software for the Colorado 8GB Backup II. I am getting another error once I have initiated a backup. After a few minutes into the backup, I get the following message: â An error occurred while writing the backup data. The backup device reported an unexpected error (08-0E-23-01-030C)â . Does this message indicate anything to you? Where can I find an explanation of what this error indicates?
Mark
4 REPLIES 4
Lewis Finch
Honored Contributor

Re: Colorado 8GB Backup II (external) error during backup

Try this, Open CBII: from the tools menu, select: media, retension. This is the command used to clean the drive and retension the tape. Once that is completed, (about 3 minutes) choose â initializeâ from the same drop down
"You can't lead the orchestra without turning your back to the crowd"
CA1087944
Occasional Contributor

I did the retension and initiaization. After that, it processed further but still produced the same message.
Mark F.
john bosco_1

Mark - pls let me know if you figure out how to fix this. I am getting the same error and have also tried retensioning and init, but get the same msg. I have tried 3 different tapes that all worked in the past but I get the same message.
joe knuc

I had the same problems with 8gb colorado backup II but I was able to overcome them with some tweaks that I have posted here:

http://www.tcsn.net/goodideas/idea4.html