1755139 Members
2605 Online
108830 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Dat 24x6e Installation problem

KaukoL
Occasional Contributor

Dat 24x6e Installation problem

I changed from Dat 24x6i to Dat 24x6e and this unit has "Autoloader option switch" on back.
According to website I should look at Installation manual fort his but I can't find this manual anywhere on website.
Anybody there knows what are the meanings on this switch setting?
4 REPLIES 4
DanC_1
Frequent Advisor

Re: Dat 24x6e Installation problem

In pretty much all cases you should leave this set to its default setting of "7".
On some older versions of UNIX operating systems there may be a need to change this, but even UNIX OS's can usually cope with "7" these days.
The user manual for this product can be found here:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/lpg29150/lpg29150.pdf
Check the UNIX configuration section.

The configuration switch sets up a variety of detailed parameters i.e:
Some stacker mode options (auto-stack, auto eject and re-sequencing)
Some inquiry string options for the automation logical unit.
KaukoL
Occasional Contributor

Seen this manual (User Manual) many times. All it says see INSTALLATION MANUAL for option switch settings so no help there.
DanC_1
Frequent Advisor

Sorry about that, there appears to be a broken link in the document which should point to the UNIX configuration guide containing the Autoloader switch settings. I'll get that sorted out.
I can't seem to find the actual doc for the DAT24x6, however I do have documentation for the DAT72x6 which from the point of view of the option switches is exactly the same. I have attached the doc to this posting. See page 45. You will see that the thumbwheel on the back of the box is linked to a header connector on the loader which allows selection of 4 different switch options. The only difference for DAT24x6 is the LUN0 drive inq field, the DAT24 inq strings are not included in this document but are C1537A for the drive and C1557A for the loader.
Hope this helps?
KaukoL
Occasional Contributor

Thanks. It's all clear now.