cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPE Basic 5.0 custom rotation

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

DPE Basic 5.0 custom rotation

We buy HP 1/8 G2 Ultrim3000 autoloader. I install and test library. And now i must create backup job. I can't use custom rotation ( it was DPE version 3.4). How match and which pre-configurated schema rotation in DPE basic. How I can configure  daily copy to media with name Monday, tuesday ...? Sorry, my English

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: DPE Basic 5.0 custom rotation

Hello,

If this is a new Autoloader you have brought, you must have got DPX 5.x with it or atleast 4.x. Any way first recommendation I will make is to update the DPX to the latest service pack in 3.x. The latest build is available for download at http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=1144272&swItem=co-85516-1&prodNameId=3414345&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=13&taskId=135&mode=4&idx=0

To configure the backups in DPX, I will recommend to use the tutorials available on line which will help you in detail to proceed further. In the below provided link, under user guides, Tutorial 2 talks about configuring the backups and restores for the first time which will help you in answering a lot of questions.    

Now answering your question regarding the Rotation policy; from Page 100 in the user guide talks about which rotation policy is perfect for you.

Hope this helps

Regards

Raj

Regards

Raj

How to assign points? Click the KUDOS! star!
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: DPE Basic 5.0 custom rotation

We have DPE 5.0. But the field custom rotation is grey (don't enable).