1751934 Members
4980 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

DPE Basic 5.0 custom rotation

Olga Rogacheva
Occasional Contributor

DPE Basic 5.0 custom rotation

We buy HP 1/8 G2 Ultrim3000 autoloader. I install and test library. And now i must create backup job. I can't use custom rotation ( it was DPE version 3.4). How match and which pre-configurated schema rotation in DPE basic. How I can configure  daily copy to media with name Monday, tuesday ...? Sorry, my English

2 REPLIES 2
Rajanikant
Trusted Contributor

Re: DPE Basic 5.0 custom rotation

Hello,

If this is a new Autoloader you have brought, you must have got DPX 5.x with it or atleast 4.x. Any way first recommendation I will make is to update the DPX to the latest service pack in 3.x. The latest build is available for download at http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=1144272&swItem=co-85516-1&prodNameId=3414345&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=13&taskId=135&mode=4&idx=0

To configure the backups in DPX, I will recommend to use the tutorials available on line which will help you in detail to proceed further. In the below provided link, under user guides, Tutorial 2 talks about configuring the backups and restores for the first time which will help you in answering a lot of questions.    

Now answering your question regarding the Rotation policy; from Page 100 in the user guide talks about which rotation policy is perfect for you.

Hope this helps

Regards

Raj

Olga Rogacheva
Occasional Contributor

Re: DPE Basic 5.0 custom rotation

We have DPE 5.0. But the field custom rotation is grey (don't enable).