1754046 Members
2521 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DPX 3.50 sp1 Restore Issue

Karl Fenech

DPX 3.50 sp1 Restore Issue

Hi,
i have been using Data express for quite some time now and im quite pleased with the product apart from the restore process. I can sucessfully restore files from the LAST backup tape, but always find problems when restoring data from other tapes.
I use 7 backup tapes, with no fixed rotation and the job runs repeatedly. In the media content for some reason dpx created more than 5 media, 15 in all to be exact. If for example, i want to restore all the data from a tape backup up 3 days ago, i always get the incompatable media alert, saying that the data is on another tape.
What i would like is to find a way to restore the data which is on a specific tape, independently on what the latest version is.

thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Rajanikant
HPE Pro

Hi Karl,

Try doing the following procedure and see if it helps

A version or instance restore is necessary to get the restore working. The procedure to do that is as follows:

1. Create the restore job.

2. Go to the selection page, and find an object that is to be restored. Highlight it (no checkmark), and then click on the versions icon on the toolbar (it looks like a blue-green piece of lined paper with the corner turned down). Select the version that is to be restored (it should show the first day's version here with the correct date and media name) from the selection window that opens, and click OK . This will bring you back to the main selection window, and now the object should have a checkmark noting that it has been selected.

3. Configure the rest of the restore job as needed (device, and so forth).

4. Run the job.

Regards

Raj
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Karl Fenech

Hi,
Thanks for the reply, but i dont think we you understood my question. The solution above is only valid if you want to restore a certain file for a version which is on tape. What if i just want to restore ALL the data that is on the tape drive, irrespective of what version it is.

This might be the solution one would need in case of fire. You would need to restore all the data on the tape. The way i see it you just cannot select all the folders because it will ask you to insert compatable media. Correct me if im wrong but DPX gives you the selection which is on the cataloge rather that what is on tape, therefor if the data on the server has changed, the catalogue will still show you the old data, that is why it then asks you for the version. is there a way to make the catalogue reflect the real data ?

rgds