Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EML Tape library Security Manager error with LTO5-Drives

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

EML Tape library Security Manager error with LTO5-Drives

Hi all,

since a few month, probably after firmware upgrade, I get the following error message, if I try to change Host Access (Security Manager) configuration via Command View TL (Tab Configuration, "Host Access", Action "Edit Host/HBA Access"):

Secure Manager Health State:

Secure Manager Feature is disabled because a path could not be found for the following devices: DRIVE xxx; DRIVE yyy; DRIVE zzz.

Secure Manager's communication path to one or more tape targets or robotic targets is currently unavailable. Secure Manager cannot update Host/HBA maps until all target paths are available...

In the error message only the three LTO5-Drives are listed.

Also via CLI no way to change the configuration. The library and the drives are functionally, so we can backup and restore without problems. But I have to migrate to a new server and so I need to change the security. 

Is anyone out there with a similar problem or knows, to solve this issue?

Many thanks for any help,

best regards

Andreas

Library:

EML E-Series

323 Slots

4 LTO4-, 3 LTO5-, 1 LTO3-Drive

Firmware
Robotics: 1407 (6.71.00)

IFC: 5963

IM: I270

LTO5: I5AS

LTO4: H65S

LTO3: L6HS

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: EML Tape library Security Manager error with LTO5-Drives

Hi Andreas,

the Reason for the secure manager not able to communicate to the LTO 5 drives can be due to the management port issues. You can try and check the following:

-- check if the network ports from all 3 LTO 5 drives are connected to the Procurv switch and the activity LED is ON

-- check if the Network connection from Interface Manager(IM) is connected, activity is on

-- I am sure one of the above 2 is not working properly. You can try changing the ports on the Procurv switch, network cables and see if that helps

Hope this helps

Regards

Raj

How to assign points? Click the KUDOS! star!
Highlighted
Advisor

I have the same problem, some one can help me if it's necesary configure ip adrress in LTO-5. The LTO-5 it's conected to Interface Manager in FC port, Command View ETL detect a WWNN, but  the LTO-5 do no connecto to FC port.

Interface Manager and LTO-5 drives are connecto to a switch. But i do know what IP adress have the LTO-5.

I have been searching a user guide EML 103e and LTO5 configuration, but i have not found it.

Any reference

Highlighted
Frequent Advisor

What are the extra ports on the Interface controller connected to.

The LTO 5 drive FC ports need to be connected to the FC switch or direct to a host. 

Attach a IM support ticket it will help debug.