4713 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

error BD in HP StorageWorks 1/8 Tape Autoloader

Jaime Castillo
Occasional Contributor

error BD in HP StorageWorks 1/8 Tape Autoloader

hello,
God willing somebody can help me, do I need to know that it is in fact the error BD that appears me when I light the unit autoloader, in it paginates it of hp it is indicated that it is a communication error but does checkup cover it and doesn't he/she have problems that it can be happening?
all this happens after one carries out a maintenance to the unit autoloader
6 REPLIES 6
Lewis Finch
Honored Contributor

Re: error BD in HP StorageWorks 1/8 Tape Autoloader

The BD error means the unit has failed and requires exchange
"You can't lead the orchestra without turning your back to the crowd"
Jaime Castillo
Occasional Contributor

it means that I have to change the unit it TAPE or the autoloader
Lewis Finch
Honored Contributor

the autoloader plus tape drive is a full unit replacement.
"You can't lead the orchestra without turning your back to the crowd"
Jaime Castillo
Occasional Contributor

it excuses that he/she insists, but this error happened for the maintenance that is carried out or for some flaw that it will happen sooner or later
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

Without more details I can't say for certain whether the autoloader needs replaced or not. An L&TT support ticket would be very helpful http://www.hp.com/support/tapetools

Many BD errors in a legacy 1/8 (2U height) autoloaders are fatal and require replacement but some are recoverable.

With the newer 1/8 G2 (1U height) most BD errors are recoverable but may point to a condition that needs corrected.

For both autoloaders one cause of this error is setting something on top of the autoloader or not having it sitting flat. That is customer correctable.
Jaime Castillo
Occasional Contributor

have I made several tests in this respect, does the Unit Tape he/she doesn't have problems since I proved it alone without the unit autoloader and does it work perfectly, is the doubt that I have because after a maintenance I finish giving this error?
I will be appreciated you you help!!!