1755372 Members
4055 Online
108832 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: LTFS, HBA driver problem, LTO-6

Curtis_Ballard
HPE Pro

The boot screen picture shows an H241 installed.  That controller should work fine with LTFS.  The 6.88 firmware isn't the very latest but is close to the latest.  I don't think there should be any changes in newer controller firmware that would affect this but you could update it a bit.  Version 7.00B is available.

Make certain that you have installed the latest HPE H241 driver for your operating system.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

Egal123
Occasional Advisor

Hi all,

i checked my post again and found a mistake. I changed the contoller to P441, not P241. Then it worked. I found no solution to get the P241 and LTFS running. Also with the latest firmware.

Sorry for inconvenience.

Best regards

Egal123

Curtis_Ballard
HPE Pro

I double checked with the StoreOpen team.  The H241 is supposed to support the 512KB transfer sizes required for LTFS and usually works.  The person I spoke with checked back through issues lists for reports of problems with the H241 that looked like this.  There was one case where the drivers weren't up to date and another case where the HBA was in a non-HPE server and had to be set to HBA mode before it worked correctly. 

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo