1753490 Members
5218 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

MSL Library error

MAH_2
Regular Advisor

MSL Library error

Hi, I am using MSL 2024 library with 2 ultrium 920 drive.When I strt the backup using veritas backup exec , 1-drive giving the error.2-drive working fine. To confirm drive problem I have swapped the drve.But still I am getting error that particular drive slot (1 drive ).When i tried to use the L&TT on device analysis of that 1-slot drive giving error(Drive experiencing a high poling rate on SCSI interface.).Replaced the Libray chasis. Same error I am geeting. Please help me to sole this problem.
1 REPLY 1
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

Re: MSL Library error

The drives are completely independant. The chassis supplies power to them and communicates with them via a dedicated bus but it doesn't have anything to do with the data path. If there is a problem that repeats when the drives have been switched then the problem is somewhere outside the library. Maybe software configuration.

You could post an L&TT support ticket here and there may be some tips in there.

High polling rate is often caused by driver misconfiguration. There is a utility that ships with the HP tape driver called disable autorun which will stop some of the polling.