1755751 Members
4741 Online
108837 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Probably a "No Brainer"

Nick Haury
Occasional Contributor

Probably a "No Brainer"

This question is probably a no brainer, but since I lost my brain this weekend trying to figure this out, I thought I'd better ask.
I've got a Colorado Backup 250 running under Windows 98 on Colorado Backup 3.22. The tape drive is found, all the drivers are there, BUT, when I stick in a tape, ( that I know that is good and has data on it, also I know that the drive is good), the drive doesn't read the tape. It seems to me that a long time ago that there were some setting in the win.ini or the system.ini file, I don't know, that might of been something else. The software comes up with a suggestions screen of things to try, and one was dissabling the files CBW*****.* files under the 386enh mode of the system.ini file, but when I looked there, there were no file of the type or any that referanced thr "CBW" of the file name. Does anyone have rhe faintest idea of where do I go from here, I really need to get those files of thise tapes?
Nick
2 REPLIES 2
Lewis Finch
Honored Contributor

look for cmswtape.386 in the system ini and delete it. also do a search for this and delete any other references.
"You can't lead the orchestra without turning your back to the crowd"
Munir_1
Trusted Contributor

Upgrade to HP Colorado Backup II 8.0 software

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?locale=en_US〈=English+%28US%29&pnameOID=12513&prodSeriesId=63936&prodTypeId=12169&basePartNum=COL2293&locBasepartNum=co-10416-1&os=Microsoft+Windows+98&tech=Application