StoreEver Tape Storage
1755439 Members
4016 Online
108833 Solutions
New Discussion

Problems with T20Xe and HP Replica Backup

CA1335503

Problems with T20Xe and HP Replica Backup

I am having difficulties with an HP T20 tape backup (DLT tape type) and the HP Replica Backup Software. Scheduled backups do not occur. The Replica Backup history shows that the last backup occurred on February 14, 2005. They're scheduled to occur every weekday. The history also shows an error regarding an inability to access media at the time that I boot the system. Do I need to have a tape in the drive when I boot the system for the scheduled backups to work? How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance regarding this matter. Provided below is system information.

System: Dell PowerEdge 1300
Tape drive: SureStore T20Xe external
Backup software: HP Replica Backup
1 REPLY 1
Lewis Finch
Honored Contributor

Re: Problems with T20Xe and HP Replica Backup

Replica backup software was discontinued several years ago and there is no longer support for it. There is other software that will work and is downloadable however it would be worth testing the drive first to see if it still works.
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?locale=en_US&pnameOID=12439&taskId=135&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=63990&submit.y=7&submit.x=3〈=en&cc=us&swEnvOID=24
"You can't lead the orchestra without turning your back to the crowd"