3124 Online
108848 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: TL891 cannot detect DLT drive

Seungjun
Occasional Contributor

TL891 cannot detect DLT drive

Hi,
I have a problem with TL891. After rebooting, it showed me the error code "2072: Power down, wait 30 seconds, power up" continuously even I waited enough time beteen reboots.
So, I pressed the Escape butten during the machine was coming up.
Now, the MiniLibrary cannot detect its DLT drive at all. Could anyone know how I can make it detect the DLT drive manually?
Thanks in advance,
Jun Lee
1 REPLY 1
CA998057
Advisor

Re: TL891 cannot detect DLT drive

Jun,

I think that is what the key forces at powerup. To inventory the library.

Are you sure the drive is working? It sounds to me like the drive has failed and the library is simply reporting that.

2072 is when it thinks the config has changed and there is either a new or missing drive. The manual says:

At power up, the MiniLibrary System recognizes if a previously configured drive unit has been removed or disconnected. It then halts the powerâ up sequence, the drive fault LED lights, and the screen displays a message similar to the following:

Fault Code: 2072
Drive Powerup Error
Power Down. Wait 30
Date Time

If the drive was intentionally removed, pressing the Escape button lets you reconfigure the module to recognize the new condition and power up as normal. Follow this procedure:

1. Turn off the module power.
2. Press and hold the Escape button while turning on the unit power. All four control panel LEDs light.
3. When the four LEDs go out release the Escape button.

The module is reconfigured. The missing drive is no longer a recognized device in the configuration, but the rest of the module is fully functional.