1754340 Members
4983 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Updating LTO-5 Store Ever 3000 firmware to Z6ED

justints
Established Member

Updating LTO-5 Store Ever 3000 firmware to Z6ED

I am a small business owner operator. I purchased a Half Height Ultrium 3000 drive from the now defunct Tolis Group in 2012.

It have used it for years with their BRU archiving software. I am now trying to migrate to LTFS with HPE StoreOpen and am encountering issues.

I suspect this is because the current (OLD!) firmware, Z64D is causing problems. I see that there is a more recent firmware for this drive on the  HPE website - Z6ED. I am unable to download as it is behind a paywall. I spent a considerable amount of time in the chat with a representative who said this was not available to me as my drive is out of warranty.

Is there any way to update to the Z6ED firmware? The drive was recently serviced by Memofix here in Canada and is in excellent condition. LT&T reports there have been 507 loads and the read and write margins are "Great". I would like to be able to continue to use it.

I would appreciate any help with this.

8 REPLIES 8
sbhat09
HPE Pro

Re: Updating LTO-5 Store Ever 3000 firmware to Z6ED

Hello @justints,

As per the updated policies, software upgrades are possible only with a valid entitlement or support contract for the system.

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of the company.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

justints
Established Member

@sbhat09 

This is dissapointing. It's a 10+ year old drive that is out of warranty. I have tried to figure out how I might even be able to purchase an entitlement or supprt contract with the agent on the online chat and they said it was not possible. This drive is 100% servicable and useful to me IF I can update the firmware. It seems that this "updated policy" regarding firmware updates is leading to forced obsolescence of equipment by small business owners.

Is there any way to escalate this matter?

sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hello @justints 

Let me check what best I can do on this.

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of the company.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hello @justints,

I am still waiting for an update internally. I will get back to you when I receive an update.

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

justints
Established Member

Thanks for the update. I look forward to the response.

Prabha_Sengar
HPE Pro

Hi @justints 

Good day

We are sorry for taking this long actually we were checking internally what we can do from our side.
The best we could suggest is to get in touch with your accounts team and see what best they can do in this scenario.

Regards,

Prabha Singh

I am an HPE Employee
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Accept or Kudo

justints
Established Member

I spent hours trying this in the past and it led nowhere. Do you have a contact I can use? Phone or Email? Is there a case number that I can use? Please feel free to PM me.

justints
Established Member

Please escalate this case for me.