1748275 Members
3757 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Wrong media error message in Data Protector express

dil_opole_lubelskie

Wrong media error message in Data Protector express

Hello,

I would like to implement simple 5-day backup scheme so last week I created folder and backup job for each day of the week from monday to friday. Backup job is assigned to certain folder e.g monday backup job to monday folder(media) and so on. As schedule option I choode on selected day as it was advised in Dta Protector user manual. First bacuo for every day of week was ok, however when I tried to use tape used in the first backup on monday on the next monday I got error code 1400- wrong media. The only thing I changed in monday backup job was date in the schedule option- on selected day. What did I wrong. I would be appreciate for any help
2 REPLIES 2
Rik-Bel
Advisor

Re: Wrong media error message in Data Protector express

Hi,

Is this solved now ? I have the same problem.
Do you use 5 different tapes ?

KR
GerardeArchimedes
Occasional Contributor

Re: Wrong media error message in Data Protector express

Hopefully you may have already sorted this but just in case you are still having a problem.
If you want a simple 5 day backup scheme do not use any rotation method. You already have media folders and presumably media in those folders for your first 5 backups. I'll give an example for Monday. Just repeat method for the other days. Go to the Schedule Settings. Choose Run Repeatedly. Click onto Mon and this should highlight all of the Monday dates.
In the Rotation Type choose No Rotation. This will allow overwrite of the Monday tape each time the job is run. Be sure to check in the Device/Media properties that Auto format all media is selected and that in the media to be used you have selected the media folder for Monday. You should also have that folder selected for New media location.

Hope this helps.