1776949 Members
1548 Online
109061 Solutions
New Discussion

HPE StoreOnce configuration backup for Gen4 3640

dkulp
Established Member

HPE StoreOnce configuration backup for Gen4 3640

Is there a way to backup the configuration of the StoreOnce 3640 configuration settings running software version 4.x.x and above?  Looking through documentaiton and other forums I am not getting a clear answer and I am not seeing any definitive "yes" or "no".

I know the configuration is "easy" but it is still nice to have a backup/restore option if needed.  I see that you can run the Quick Recovery to reinstall the OS, but is there a way to create a custom QR ISO that includes all the configurations on here?

It seems insane to me that a product that is used for backups and discusses how important backing things up are in it sales sheet does not have the ability to backup the configuration of the device.  Cheap store bought NAS devices have this option, these devices used to have this option.  

How do you back up the configuration/settings on the 3640?

5 REPLIES 5
support_s
System Recommended

Query: HPE StoreOnce configuration backup for Gen4 3640

System recommended content:

1. HPE StoreOnce 3620, 3640, 5200, 5250,and 5650 - Unable to ADD StoreOnce Systems to Active Directory domains for CIFS Stores With Active Directory authentication mode

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

neutral
HPE Pro

Re: HPE StoreOnce configuration backup for Gen4 3640

Hello @dkulp,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

In Gen 4+ StoreOnce 3640 model, I don't think there is any particular option to back up the configuration/settings. 

Thank & Regards

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I am an HPE Employee
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Accept or Kudo

Cali
Honored Contributor

See also the Post here:

StoreOnce 5200 - Configuration Backup - Hewlett Packard Enterprise Community (hpe.com)

ACP IT Solutions AGI'm not an HPE employee, so I can be wrong.
Nilkanth
Occasional Visitor

Hello, We have two HPE StoreOnce 3640 systems, and both have an issue.  The first error is Data service has encountered a problem and needs to restart. The second is Failure to get storage information due to internal error. We installed the latest OS into the system. The license is Standalone with 48TB storage Capacity.  Also, There are two 600GB SAS and they are working fine. How can we resolve it and make it a fully operational system? We tried every step to solve this problem. But the problem is still there. Here are the following steps that we tried.

1. Install both New and OLD OS in the system.

2. Replace the parts like the expander card, Cach module, and Super Capacitor.

3. Update the full system and try to solve it also check in the older BIOS version.

Now, do you know how I can solve it?

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @Nilkanth,

Thank you for posting! 

You might want to consider creating a new topic by utilizing the ""New Discussion"" button, as this will not only enhance visibility compared to the old topic but also boost your chances of receiving responses from experts.

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo