1752781 Members
6705 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Oracle RMAN Backups

KIngstone
Occasional Advisor

Oracle RMAN Backups

Hi everyone, I have an Oracle DB doing backups on storeonce over FC. I'm replicatinig the backups to a DR storeonce, and have a DR DB server as well. How do i browser RMAN backups and restore to my DR DB? I'm able to view my backups locally on storeonce, but unable to make much use of them without the plugin. For example browse, and perform the restore action from the storeonce

5 REPLIES 5
GaneshPrasad
HPE Pro

Re: Oracle RMAN Backups

Hello,

Unlike VTL or NAS, they don't need to brake a replication (there's no such), but just install a plugin on a DR site servers and run restore there, as it's not a NAS share,   yes, plugin would be required to restore this.

From the Storeonce you can browse only the item list from the GUI when you click on a particualar store.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

JohnAthaide
HPE Pro

@KIngstone : Hi there...

I believe you are using Storeonce Catalyst to backup your Oracle DB onto Storeonce. If yes - then do know that Catalyst store replication isn't possible via the Storeonce interface. Catalyst store replication can only be done via the Backup software. On the contrary - a VTL/NAS replication is possible by logging into the Storeonce GUI.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

KIngstone
Occasional Advisor

Hi John, Thanks for your response. We are using RMAN Plugin to backup to the StoreOnce catalyst store. We want to now use the same plugin to make duplex copies to the DR storeonce. At the DR we have another physical server that we want to be able to restore the duplex copies to.

We've treid to look for a guide on this, but nothing conclusive or detailed that I can get. 

KIngstone
Occasional Advisor

Ganesh,

Is there a detailed guide on this restore and copies process?

JohnAthaide
HPE Pro

@KIngstone : Please do have a look at the following document for the information you're looking for..

"Protecting Oracle databases with HPE StoreOnce Catalyst and RMAN"

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-a00019948en_us 

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo