5705 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Store once catalyst store replication to other side

amol nagtilak
Occasional Advisor

Store once catalyst store replication to other side

Hi,

i have storeonce  appliance at Primary site and DR site. i have configured store under storeonce catalyst and taking the backup through Data Protector backup tool. Now i want to replicate that store to DR site. I need help to configure it or is it possible to replicate? If yes, then what is the procedure.

Thanks and regard,

Amol Nagtilak

thanks and regards,

amol nagtilak
4 REPLIES 4
GaneshPrasad
HPE Pro

Re: Store once catalyst store replication to other side

Yes you can confifure the same, These are called Catalust Copy Jobs:

Backup applications to copy jobs between HP StoreOnce Backup systems. All configuration
is carried out from the backup application, which makes this an attractive alternative to using
the replication function on the HP StoreOnce Backup system.

IMP NOTE: Please be aware that You need to have a Catalyst License on the TARGET whcih is mandatory.

You can contact the DP team who can assit you to confiure the same btw sites.

Catalyst Copy has the following features:
• The Copy job is configurable from within the backup application software.
• Several source Catalyst stores can be copied into a single target Catalyst store.
• Multi-hop copy is configurable via the backup software – Source to Target 1 then onto Target
• One to many copy is also configurable but happens serially one after the other.
• With the Catalyst Agents running on remote office media servers HP StoreOnce Catalyst
technology has the ability to back up directly from remote sites to a central site, using what
is known as low bandwidth backup – essentially this uses HP StoreOnce replication technology

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Sandeep001
Occasional Visitor

Hi Sir,

We tried the same but had no luck. 

Regards,

Sandeep Patil

Sunitha_Mod

@Sandeep001 

Hello Sandeep, 

Thank you for posting! Since you have posted in an old topic and there is no response yet, I would recommend you create a new topic using the create "New Discussion" button, so the experts can check and guide you further. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
yilmazaydin
Frequent Advisor

@Sandeep001 

Sandeep, hello. 
This is done when setting up object copy jobs.  Replication uses the protocol that is specified when configuring the Catalyst Store in the Data Protector device list - either IP or CoFC.

Replication is organized by a media agent that has access to both Catalyst Stores - to the source and target.

How are the Catalyst Stores connected to the media agent and what error do you get when replicating?

YA.