108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Cannot create a Management group in Storevirtual 4330

SOLVED
Go to solution
cidic
Advisor

Cannot create a Management group in Storevirtual 4330

Hi Geeks, I have an issue here with my newly purchased/installed 1 X StoreVirtual 4330 on my network. I cannot seem to create a management group. I was thinking maybe we need another storage system in order to be able to create the management group and configure volumes. Find attached snapshot of error received. Appreciate any help here. Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
oikjn
Honored Contributor
Solution

nothing attached, but its likely a network communication issue.  is the CMC installation instance on the same subnet as the storage node?  If not, are the gateways configured correctly and is there a firewall blocking traffic?

You have to setup the node and configure its IP and then a simple scan for nodes using CMC should detect it and be able to configure it immediately.  While a single node is allowed, any SAN really should have at least 2 nodes as a single node is a single point of failure AND any updates will require downtime.  Get a 2nd node ASAP even if you have to beg, borrow and steal from something else to get it.

cidic
Advisor

Hi  oikjn ,

Thanks for the tip. Yes it was a communication issue. No gateway was set for the system. Also, I will need to get another storage system for best perfromance practice.

Thanks mate!

Cheers