New Discussion юеВ

Re: CMC and Java

SOLVED
Go to solution
testmado662
Regular Advisor

CMC and Java

Hello,

We are using CMC in order to administrate all of our P4000 / VSA Management Group. As CMC is in Java all PC (Core i7) memory ressources are used and CMC become very slow after  connected to 10 Management Group.

Is there a way to be able to open all MntGrp with a correct reponse time ?

Even if no more new dev on Lefthand are forecast, does Java will be kept and no HTML version will be devlopped ?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Mohamed_I
HPE Pro

Hi testmado662,

Could you please provide the following details? We need to check if we are following the optimal configuration. 

1. Version of CMC installed on the PCs?

2. How many storage systems are configured in each Management group, cluster?

3. What are the total number of volumes across all the clusters?

4. What are the total number of snapshots configured?

5. Have we checked the behavior of the CMC on a Server?

HPE has released Storevirtual OS 12.7 and there will be no further OS releases. Only urgent patches will be released by HPE. Also there will be no HTML version of CMC that will be developed. The Storevirtual OS will have Hydra Service, Management Gateway service that requires Java to be able to communicate with the CMC.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
testmado662
Regular Advisor

Hello,

Sorry for the delay to respond.

My responses

Q1. Version of CMC installed on the PCs?

R: We get the last version 12.7, Build 02229.0

Q2. How many storage systems are configured in each Management group, cluster?

R : We configured 25 Mngt Group and 2 Storage systems by Mgt Group, 50 total

Q3. What are the total number of volumes across all the clusters?

R : 1 volume by Mgt Group, 25

Q4. What are the total number of snapshots configured?

R: We don't use Snapshot

Q5. Have we checked the behavior of the CMC on a Server?

R : We have planned to install CMC on a server. A Core i7 PC is not adapted. We can only be connected at same time, at less than 50% of our Management Group.

Thanks for your help

Regards

Mohamed_I
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi testmado662,

Thank you for the information. I am suspecting that the PC may not have the necessary resources for running the CMC with so many Management groups and may be running out of memory and showing performance issues.

Could you please install the CMC on a server with enough hardware resources and check the behavior of the same? As far as I know, we don't have any known performance issues with the CMC. Hence we can suspect the machine on which it is running.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
testmado662
Regular Advisor

Hello Mohamed,

We've changed PC and install CMC on server. It's a little bit better but a lot of latency.

I've made snapshot of memory and more than 50% of ressources are dedicated for CMC.

Have we a way to connect all Management Group at the same time ? Curently, we have to conect each 25 Mgt Grp, one by one.

Thanks for your help

1.JPG2.JPG

regards