New Discussion

HPE VSA 12.8

SOLVED
Go to solution
regi_p
Frequent Advisor

HPE VSA 12.8

Hi, 

Chatting with HPE VSA 12.8 is a major release due in 1-2 months time. After updating think you can go 

Name Patch Date Build ESXi 6.7 Update 3  Date 2019-08-20  Build 14320388

Cheers

/R

21 REPLIES 21
Rachna-K
HPE Pro

Re: HPE VSA 12.8

@regi_p Could you please elaborate on the request as its not clear what assistance is required from us.

Regards,
Rachna K
I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company
regi_p
Frequent Advisor

Hi no assistance just wanted to know when is the next major update for VSA will be released ie 12.8 ? Spoke to HPE VSA support team member & he said by end of this Month or early Oct ? Do you have any news on this ? Also the changes in the new release ? 

My VSA & P4300 G2 are all running fine & are on latest OS 

Just a general enquiry 

Cheers

/R

Rachna-K
HPE Pro

@regi_p Thank you for the information.

SAN/iQ 12.8 is not released yet and as of now there is no ETA.

Regards,
Rachna K
I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company
regi_p
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for the info. It's a shame SAN I/Q VSA etc.. are rock solid products HPE underestimated the power of this i think 

(HPE are killing VSA anyway so no regular updates & I'm not surprised) 

Have a nice day & All the best 

/R

Rachna-K
HPE Pro

@regi_p I understand. VSA is one of the best products we have.

SAN/iQ 12.8 was supposed to be released by now but for some reason its postponed.

Might get an update on the release date in few days.

Regards,
Rachna K
I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

ACS_RobertoM

But for support VSA on vSphere 6.7 Update 3 we must wait the major release 12.8 or at this moment versione 12.7 is supported?

Because I have a problem with PSOD on dl380 Gen10 and the bug was resolved with Update 3.

Thank you

Rachna-K
HPE Pro

@regi_p 

Please be informed that SAN/iQ 12.8 is now released and can be downloaded from Software portal.

https://h20392.www2.hpe.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=StoreVirtualSW

Regards,
Rachna K
I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Rachna-K
HPE Pro

@ACS_RobertoM 

SAN/iQ 12.8 is now released.

We need to check the Release Notes for compatibility.

Regards,
Rachna K
I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

regi_p
Frequent Advisor

@Rachna-K  can you pls answer the below question 

Hi thanks for the info. I have alreday updated my 3 VSA cluster all are good.

I guess now i can upgrade my ESX hosts to 

ESXi 6.7 Update 3  Date  2019-08-20 Build 14320388 ?