cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P4500 Force Remove From Management Group

Highlighted

P4500 Force Remove From Management Group

Hello,

I'm trying to remove my old P4500 nodes from my management group.  There are 6 that need to be removed.  Some of them are in various bad states and I cannot remove them.  Is there a way to force them to be removed from the management group?  Or anything I can do to recover them so they can be removed normally?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HPE Pro

Re: P4500 Force Remove From Management Group

Hello wvalentine,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Request you to share more detail so that we can help you better.
Please provide the Management Group Configuration including, the number of nodes, cluster, managers, volumes and type of volumes.

Gloria Simi
Technical Solution Consultant

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Hello,

There are 12 nodes in the management group and 1 cluster, 2 of the management nodes are already removed from the cluster but still in the management group (the ones I mentioned).  I attached screenshots that should hopefully answer the rest of the querstions.  There are 4 managers right now, I need to turn on the 5th but waiting until I can start getting these removed.

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Highlighted
HPE Pro

If the nodes are already taken out from the cluster and is just lying under the managerment group, you may just right click and use the option 'remove from management group'. I am sure you might have already tried this.

If this is failing, depending on the error we can proceed. However, Support has the option to remove the node form the backend. It requires root access to the cordinating manager node.

I would say to raise a case with HPE if the right click option fails.

Gloria Simi
Technical Solution Consultant

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo