1988 Online
108999 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: P4500 G2 - Fan Missing - Usb Disable

john77100
Occasional Collector

P4500 G2 - Fan Missing - Usb Disable

Hi Everyone,

Je fais appel à votre aide car je suis bloqué depuis plusieurs jours sur mes deux problèmes sans avancer ...

Je dispose d'un server P4500 G2 12 baies. Je viens de changer la carte mère car celle-ci est morte, (P/N 591747-001)

J'ai deux problèmes actuellement : 

1 : la carte mère m'informe que ventilateur FAN 5 et 6 ne fonctionnent pas, ce qui est normal car j'ai rien de branché sur ces PIN ( l'ensemble de mes ventilateurs sont bien branchés et fonctionnels ( en redondant ) - 6 connecteurs de PIN disponible sur la carte mère et 4 installable dans mon serveur et utilisables (4x2 en redondant avec des Y)

le fait d'avoir les FAN 5 et 6 non utilisable cela force l'extinction du serveur imméadiatement après 5 secondes, ce qui rend mes serveurs inutilisables ( erreur Fan Missing - Shutdown on 5 sec )

Y a t-il une solution pour faire comprendre a la carte mère que je n'utilise pas les PIN FAN 5 et 6 ?

2 : aucun port USB n'est utilisable - ni à l'avant - ni à l'arrière, donc impossible d'accèder au paramètre BIOS pour faire des modifications

J'ai vu qu'il y avait des Dip Switches, j'ai tenté de mettre mettre le 1 sur Off/On pour remettre à zéro la carte mère, j'ai également vu qu'il y avait des Jumper ( Sys ID ) sur mon ancienne carte mère je n'avais pas de Jumper, hors sur la nouvelle je vois 2 jumper d'installés, mais je n'ai trouvé aucune information sur la configuration et le fonctionnement de ces Jumpers, 

Comment récupérer ces informations ? ou récupérer ces informations ? Si quelqu'un a des informations pour m'orienter dans ma recherche je suis fortement preneur,

Je suis preneur d'information sur cette carte mère également, fiche technique, compatibilité des processeurs Ram etc .. si vous avez une solution pour trouver des informations en relation avec le numéro de série, car avec le modèle de serveur je n'arrive pas à remonter à la fiche technique /Spécification techniquen

Je pensais que mes problèmes était liée à la carte, j'ai donc demandé à mon fournisseur un échange standard de la carte mère neuve qu'il m'avais envoyé, et j'ai le meme problème sur cette nouvelle cartè mère, ( Donc 2 carte mère neuve avec le meme soucis de ventilo et USB ), c'est forcément un paramétrage à effectué je me dis.

Merci à vous pour votre aide

Google Translated

Hi Everyone,

I am asking for your help because I have been stuck for several days on my two problems without moving forward...

I have a 12 bay P4500 G2 server. I just changed the motherboard because it died, (P/N 591747-001)

I have two problems currently:

1: the motherboard informs me that fan FAN 5 and 6 are not working, which is normal because I have nothing connected to these PINs (all of my fans are well connected and functional (redundant) - 6 PIN connectors available on the motherboard and 4 installable in my server and usable (4x2 redundant with Y)

having FAN 5 and 6 not usable forces the server to shut down immediately after 5 seconds, which makes my servers unusable (Fan Missing error - Shutdown on 5 sec)

Is there a solution to make the motherboard understand that I am not using FAN PIN 5 and 6?

2: no USB port is usable - neither on the front - nor on the back, therefore impossible to access the BIOS setting to make changes

I saw that there were Dip Switches, I tried to put 1 on Off/On to reset the motherboard, I also saw that there were Jumpers (Sys ID) on my old motherboard I did not have a Jumper, except on the new one I see 2 jumpers installed, but I did not find any information on the configuration and operation of these Jumpers,

How to retrieve this information? or retrieve this information? If anyone has any information to guide me in my search I would greatly appreciate it,

I am interested in information on this motherboard as well, technical sheet, compatibility of Ram processors etc. if you have a solution to find information in relation to the serial number, because with the server model I cannot go back to the technical sheet / Technical specification

I thought that my problems were related to the card, so I asked my supplier for a standard exchange of the new motherboard that he had sent me, and I have the same problem on this new motherboard, (So 2 new motherboard with the same fan and USB problem), it's necessarily a configuration to be made I tell myself.

Thank you for your help

5 REPLIES 5
Mr_Techie
Regular Advisor

@john77100 

Firstly for the Fan issue:

The motherboard is likely configured to expect fans in all the designated slots. Since you're not using FAN 5 and 6, the motherboard senses them as missing and triggers a shutdown. One possible solution is to simulate the presence of fans in those slots. You might try using fan simulators or resistor dummy plugs. These are essentially small devices that mimic the presence of a fan to the motherboard. They're commonly used in situations where not all fan headers are populated.

For the USB Port issue:

If none of the USB ports are working, it could be due to a few reasons. It might be a hardware issue or a BIOS configuration problem. Since you're unable to access the BIOS settings to make changes, you're somewhat limited in your troubleshooting options. However, you can give a try to below stufss:

- Cross check all USB connections are secure on the motherboard.
- Check with different USB devices
- Reset the BIOS settings to default.
-

Let me know how it goes

Assen
HPE Pro

Hi john77100,

I am not sure if I remember right but I think the P4500 G2 system is based on DL180 Gen6. Check the server maintenance guide for the server. There should be info about switches and configurations.

https://www.hpe.com/psnow/doc/c01727924

Not sure what’s going on with USB but try to reset Bios.

You can reset the bios from the System maintenance jumper/switch.

Hope this helps somehow.

Cheers

I am an HPE employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

MGoorman
Advisor

It could be your BIOS version is to high.

From what I can find in the StoreVirtual notifications, the version of the BIOS for 4500 G2 should be "R02 05/05/2011".
Also the last recommended verion of iLO2 is 2.27 for 4500 G2.

For the USB problem; maybe you can give this a try: https://community.hpe.com/t5/servers-general/re-enabling-legacy-usb-support-on-storageworks-p4500/td-p/7151571

Assen
HPE Pro

Hi john77100,

I am not sure if I remember right but I think if the P4500 G2 system is based on DL180 Gen6. Check the server maintenance guide for the server. There should be info about switches and configurations.

Not sure what's going on with USB but try to reset Bios.
You can reset the bios from the System maintenance switch.
[A screenshot of a computer maintenance switch Description automatically generated]

Hope this helps somehow

I am an HPE employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

john77100
Occasional Collector

@Assen Thanks for your help and answer,

1. Clear CMOS, I don't understand how use the jumper ( on the PIN because we haven't explication on the manuel PIN 1-2 or 6-8 and who is the PIN 1 or 2 etc... ). I removed the battery for 10sec, but with that, the clear CMOS don't applied, 

If you have many information for clear CMOS on the DL180 HP will be very good information help me 

2. I looked at the simultor ventilateur I found that link can you confirme it's the good product ? I have 6 pins on my motherboard and 2 ventilator on the 6 pins ( with splitter connectivity )