New Discussion

Re: StoreVirtual 3200 Issue

SOLVED
Go to solution
bakra_1
Occasional Contributor

StoreVirtual 3200 Issue

Hello,

I know this is an old product, but I'm trying to set up a lab using it with a few Gen9 servers. I cannot access the GUI after the reimaging process.

I've reimaged controllers using this guide and used the latest version (13.6):

https://www.informaticar.net/how-to-factory-reset-hp-storevirtual-3200/

I'm unsure if reimage works on the HALO interface because I still access it with my old password.

If anybody is familiar with this device, please help me.

P.S.

I have the same second array, it is broken too. I plan to use it as a donor for drives, and any applicable hardware.

Update:

After the last reimage of both controllers, I tried to boot up the system using only one, I was successful - I was able to access 172.16.253.201. Then I installed the second controller but the system won't detect it, the StoreVirtual>Storage Controllers page lists only one. The alarms page shows 1 critical error:

EID_CONTROLLER_HEALTH_FAILED

5/26/16  9:28:53 am

System

'Controller (n)' = 'Failed'.

Event E01010302_EID_CONTROLLER_HEALTH_FAILED Severity Critical Type Status Object Controller Storage pool   Storage system SV3200-8BA138-SC1
Description
The 'Controller (n)' status is 'Failed' ('Controller status cannot be determined, potentially due to too heavy of a workload.').

I'm able to access COM5 (CLIQ) and COM6 (haLO), on both controllers.

3 REPLIES 3
ArunKKR
HPE Pro

Hi, You could connect the USB CLI cable to second controller and check whether it boots to OS log in page. You could also try booting with just second controller after removing first controller and check whether it allows access to management interface. SV3200 product is EOSL as you would be already aware. https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=a00041272en_us  In majority of the cases it requires logging into array with root credentials to identify/resolve the issue. Root access is only available for HPE support team. You could also try replacing the second controller by moving controller from second array after reimaging it to check whether it helps.

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

bakra_1
Occasional Contributor
Solution

ArunKKR, thanks for getting back.

Here's the update:

I made sure the second controller worked using the CLI, and the operating system booted up. I checked both controllers for any differences but found none. Still, I couldn't access 172.16.253.201. So, I replaced the controller with one from another array, re-imaged it, and now the array is up and running.

Couldn't figure out what went wrong with the original controller, but at least the array is working, and I got it set up.

ArunKKR
HPE Pro

Hi,  Thank you for the update. There are few possibilities, The SD card of the original RAID controller could be faulty even though it does not report any issues  during reimaging. In some rare scenarios we will need to execute few commands after root log in to add the new node to the cluster manually. Unfortunately, without logs its difficult to identify the cause.

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo