1752701 Members
5618 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SV4530 False Hard Drive Predictive Falures

mikegw
Occasional Contributor

SV4530 False Hard Drive Predictive Falures

I've had this issue on a lot of Proliant Servers too bur this is a SV4530. I get a predictive failures on one or multiple hard drives. The drives are replaced but the flag never clears. I've done the the recommended "fixes" to no avail. I've walked the drives through, moving all the drives one slot, I've deleted the array and create a new one. I've update the firmware on all the drives and the controller, all to no avail. When I run the the SSA there are no errors on the drives but the flags still are not cleared. Is there a way to totally clear everything from the controller out to the drives? It's using the onboard controller so I'm not sure if pulling the CMOS battery would clear any of the flags. 

2 REPLIES 2
JohnAthaide
HPE Pro

Re: SV4530 False Hard Drive Predictive Falures

@mikegw : Hello Mike,

Since the drive has been replaced, this looks more to me like other drives in the array have errors on them that are causing the replacement drive to go into a predictive failure state due to the amount of errors it is encountering during the rebuild. 

The Resolution is as follows :-
- Identify all drives that have a recent high error count and have them all replaced.
- This high recent error count is identified by looking at the RIS data for each drive.
- The node will have to be taken into repair mode.
- Once in repair mode, then the node will require a reconfigure raid to be performed from within the CMC.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the Array is still under a Valid Contract/Warranty - please do consider logging a ticket and get the logs analyzed for the issue to be rectified. 

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

mikegw
Occasional Contributor

Re: SV4530 False Hard Drive Predictive Falures

The server is off-warranty and contract. The drives have been replaced with known good drives but the predictive flags remain. I sholdn't have to replace all the drives to clear the predictive failure flag which was originally one drive. I've done all the prescribed "fixes" for this issue. If I move a drive with no SMART errors into the bay with a false predictive error it doens't clear and still shows for that slot. The array has been deleted too. These flags are being held somewhere. Walking the drives one slot to the right should have cleared everything. There has to be a way to zero out all the flags and start from scratch.