1752720 Members
5708 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Upgrade p4300 SAS from software version 9.5 to 10.5

HWassenaar
Regular Visitor

Upgrade p4300 SAS from software version 9.5 to 10.5

This morning I've started an update from version 9.5 to 10.5 in the CMC for a cluster with 4 nodes. After several hours 2 of the 4 nodes has been updated to version 10.5 but 2 nodes stays on the software version 9.5. The system gives the message: Waiting for the management gateway to return the alarms for management group and press F11 to cancel task. I need some advise?

5 REPLIES 5
RemyZ
Advisor

Re: Upgrade p4300 SAS from software version 9.5 to 10.5

It's a long shot, but clearing the arp cache on the machine running the CMC might help:

netsh interface ip delete arpcache

It helped us out in a few occosions during upgrades.

--------------------------------------
Remy Zandwijk
VU University Amsterdam
HWassenaar
Regular Visitor

I've called HP support and they told me there is an issue with the gateway settings in combination with software version 10.5. We set the gateway on all 4 nodes to 0.0.0.0 and start the updating process again. The process runs much quicker and in about 1,5 hour the update is completed on all 4 nodes

oikjn
Honored Contributor

yea...  I ran into that as well.  Looks like you sorted it out.  I fixed it by adding the correct gateway back in after the updated node finished rebooting during the upgrade process and then after rebooting it manually it would continue the upgrades for the rest of the Nodes.  I think I posted about that a while back.

Urban Shocker

I have 2 p4300 SAS units but am unable to upgrade them to 10.5 thru the CMC. Did you upgrade via the CMC or CD/DVD or ISO?

Did you have any issues post-update?

oikjn
Honored Contributor

unable how?  Doesn't give the option or its timing out?  

I fixed the timeout issue by moitoring the console of the nodes and logging into the console after it upgrades that node and fixing the IP information manually on the node and then it will report back into the cluster correctly which will allow the cluster to continue and complete the update. 

That said... if you are running G1 nodes, I forget what version they max out at...  you sure your nodes are capable of that version?